- Direct down spouts and runoff away from the septic field to avoid saturating the area with excess water.
- Dense grass cover and other shallow rooted plants are beneficial over a septic field. However, do not plant trees because large plant roots can clog or break the pipes.
- Avoid compacting the soil over the infiltration area. Do not drive or park vehicles over the area and don’t build a shed or driveway in this area. These activities can also crack pipes or cause the distribution box to settle unevenly, meaning that effluent will only flow into part of the drain field.
- Fix leaky faucets and toilets right away.
- Do not pour grease down the drain.
- Conserve water inside your home.
- Do not dispose of any non-biodegradable items down your drains.
We provide reliable, professional service.
AJ’s Septic Tank Service